University of Alberta Scholarship
The University of Alberta has a stronghold as the top 5 universities in Canada and ranks among the best 100 universities in the world. Aimed at supporting students of all diversity through its numerous scholarship opportunities.
Undergraduates and Postgraduates can benefit from the variety of scholarship opportunities offered by the University of Alberta, some of these can also cover Living Expenses.
UAlberta has automatic scholarships, so students are not always required to apply for some scholarships because they will be automatically considered when given admission.
Types of Scholarship At the University Of Alberta
- The University of Alberta offers a research allowance (students get financial support for professional development and travel related to their educational research), which has made the university stand out amongst other Canadian universities that offer scholarships to international students.
- Eligible Degree: Doctorate degree at UBC.
- Student Stipend: For students whose educational funding limits them to fewer research works.
Students are selected and scholarship type is awarded based on their research specialties, academicians whose research is towards public benefits and development will get selected easily.
The overall selection is primarily determined by the research proposed by the applicant using their methodology, significance, planned actions, and goals. Interested students are expected to submit;
- Fellowship Application Form.
- Letter of Support.
- Canadian Common CV.
- Details of Proposed Research Work.
At the end of the funding year, approved applicants are mandated to provide a thesis of their research work, this thesis will be presented at the Ph. Ds Go Public networking event.
Grants, advances bursaries, and crises of more than $ 30 million are regulated by the office of the Registrar, while other grants are funded by external bodies. These grants include;
- Academic Rhodes Scholarship.
- Convocation Honors.
- Jason Lang Scholarship.
- Sandy Mactaggart Award.
- Medical Research Awards.
- McKinney Post-secondary Scholarship.
International students at the University of Alberta also get special scholarships, financial grants, and awards, these are financed by the Government of Alberta, the Canadian government, and other non-governmental organizations. Some of these awards include;
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
- Killam Trust Scholarship.
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).