Get coverage at home and away. American Express Travel Insurance: American Express Canada You Need To Know
There’s an insurance plan that may fit your needs
American Express is pleased to offer a wide range of insurance coverages tailored to your lifestyle.
Whether you’re planning a trip abroad or simply looking for extra protection against life’s challenges, there is a plan that may be right for you.
Helps protect the balance on your Credit Card when you need it the most.
Why should I enroll in Account Protector Ultimate* Insurance?
Sometimes, life throws a challenge—or two—your way. When the balance on your credit card has protection, you can rest easier knowing you can be in control when things don’t go exactly as planned. Positive life events? Account Protector Ultimate can help there, too.
- Can help make payments on your Credit Card up to $20,000 in times of need, such as job loss, illness, injury, or death.
- You can also qualify for two Monthly Payment benefits during events like getting married, having a baby, retiring, or purchasing a new home.
*Amex® Account Protector Ultimate is not available to residents of the Province of Quebec.
Your credit card balance can be paid up to $20,000 in one of these cases:
- Loss of Life
- Accidental Death
- Critical Illness
- Loss of Self-Employment Income
Monthly payment benefits can be paid towards your balance in one of these cases:
Excluded from this coverage:
- Critical Illness resulting from a Pre-existing Condition
- Unemployment from the seasonal, temporary, contract, or part-time employment (less than 25 hours per week)
- Loss of self-employment income due to closure of business within 12 months of the effective date, willful or criminal misconduct; or voluntary forfeiture of wages or income
- Disability requiring Hospitalization in facilities for treatment of mental illness, aging, drug addiction, or alcoholism and in facilities outside of Canada or the United States
Download insurance documents
Cost of Coverage
Your premium is calculated based on your current month’s outstanding balance, so it will fluctuate.
Example: Monthly outstanding balance is $500. $500 x $0.99 / $100 = $4.95 (plus applicable taxes)
Choose from four coverage plans that offer flexibility to suit your unique travel needs.
Get insurance coverage for your travel needs.
Whether you are looking to embark on a road trip across the country or a quick trip to a top Canadian destination, you can feel good knowing that AMEX® Travel Insurance1† may cover the following:
- Trip cancellations, interruptions, or delays
- Loss, theft, or damage of baggage and personal items
- Expensive medical bills in the event of an emergency
Due to the global pandemic and travel restrictions, certain trip cancellations/interruptions and other travel coverages available under an Amex Travel Insurance plan1† may be restricted or unavailable. For more information, please visit www.rsagroup.ca/amexcovid19.
Travel Insurance Plans
Per-Trip Plans (single trip)
Whether you’re heading on a weekend road trip or backpacking through Europe, our flexible trip insurance plans can provide travel insurance for your one-off travels.
Multi-Trip Annual Plans (unlimited trips of 10, 16, or 31 consecutive days)
Frequent traveler? Amex Travel Insurance provides Multi-Trip Annual Plans that are a convenient and cost-effective way to get travel insurance coverage when you travel more than once in a 365-day period.
Why choose insurance from American Express?
Coverage meets value.
Insurance from American Express provides flexible coverage that can fit your budget.
Flexible to suit your needs.
Insurance from American Express offers different plans that may work for you and your family. Plans may be topped up or extended based on the coverage you’re looking for.
Service you can trust.
Feel confident knowing you’re backed by the same quality service from American Express that you’ve come to know and trust.